VSAC will be closed Monday, October 12, 2015 in observance of Columbus Day.
|Don't miss|| || |
Paying for College
- Encourage your high school juniors and seniors and their parents to attend a free Paying for College presentations, offered around the state from September through early December.
- Please help us spread the word by posting information and distributing the inserts headed your way in mid-September. More details.
Reminder: Stipends available for dual enrollment and early-college
- Stipends to help students with books, supplies, and travel costs are available for those who qualify. In order to be considered, students must indicate on the Vermont dual enrollment voucher request form (step 4 of 5) that they are eligible for Free and Reduced-Price Lunch and that they will have expenses in addition to the course costs.
- If you find out after the fact that a student should have filled those questions out with a yes, contact Megan Tucker at CCV (email@example.com)
Changes with VSAC Publications
- In an effort to go greener and better address the questions that Vermont families have about college financing, we've revamped our paying for college publications this year. These new brochures were mailed to schools mid-August.
- To order more, or view a more detailed e-book or PDF format, visit www.vsac.org/publications.
- Financial aid training for school counselors: Save the dates! VSAC will offer the training on December 11, at VSAC in Winooski, and December 16 in the White River Junction area. This year's program features an afternoon Naviance training on managing PLPs within Naviance.
- Coming this spring: Regional Naviance and PLP events will occur around the state. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-654-3782 for more information.
|In the spotlight|
Focus on PLP
VSAC has been selected to receive a grant from the J. Warren and Lois McClure Foundation to provide professional development for middle schools, high schools and supervisory unions on implementing personalized leaning plans. To learn more about upcoming trainings, please contact Naviance@vsac.org. Read more.