Here's what others shared about this year's event:
- "I was so confused and anxious about my future. This workshop gave me many helpful tips. Thank you!" (student)
- "The SAT/ACT prep blew my mind." (student)
- "Thinking about college is overwhelming...but now I know where to begin. You provided excellent guidelines & resources." (parent)
What is College Pathways?
A free conference to introduce and guide you through the college process. Thinking about college can be daunting.
- Are you concerned about whether or not you are college material?
- Not sure how to create a college list that fits you?
- Looking for SAT and ACT test-taking strategies?
- Wondering what colleges look for in a college admissions essay?
- ... and the big one: How do you cover college expenses?
If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions above, plan to join us!
Who should attend?
- Sophomores: Get an introduction to the process.
- Juniors: Focus your college planning.
- Parents/Guardians: Learn about resources and expectations so you can support your student.
When and where are the events held?
Typically, we offer three events in March and early April each year.
Each event is held on a college campus to give you hands-on exposure to a campus environment.We work with college campuses to identify dates that can accommodate the number of people the event attracts. These dates typically fall during times when college students are on spring break, allowing maximum classroom and parking space. We attempt to avoid conflicts whenever possible.
We are currently researching potential dates and locations for 2014. Check back in July for confirmed College Pathways 2014 dates.
Did you miss an event?
No worries, you can still access the information. VSAC collects presenter resources and compiles a College Pathways resources page each year. Here you'll have access to resources for all of the workshops offered at the event (and more). View the resources.