Revised: June 2, 2016
Acceptance of Terms.
Vermont Student Assistance Corporation (“VSAC") maintains this website on the Internet for students, parents, financial aid professionals, education lenders, and others interested in learning about access to education, training, and career opportunities and for those interested in applying to VSAC for education loans.
Conditions on the Use of the Website.
You may not post on or transmit through the website any data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other material that:
- is defamatory, unlawful, harassing, abusive, threatening, obscene, hateful, sexist, or racially or ethnically offensive;
- constitutes a breach of any person's privacy or publicity rights;
- violates any applicable statute, constitution, regulation or ordinance;
- promotes software or services that deliver unsolicited mail; or
- promotes, encourages, or facilitates terrorism or other activities that risk national security.
You may not upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material on or through the website that:
- contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, cancel bots, time bombs, spyware, or similar computer programming routines that could damage the website or interfere with its proper functioning;
- is knowingly untrue, inaccurate, or misleading;
- obtains information from or through the website in an unauthorized manner; or
- damages or interferes with the operations of the website or with other users of this website.
You further agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity;
- Falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted on or through the website;
- Infiltrate or otherwise seek to gain unauthorized access to, or compromise the integrity of, the website;
- Harvest, collect, or store information about the users of this website or the other material posted by others on this website;
- Use content for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of this website;
- Use the website in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spam, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages;
- Use any automated procedure to gather information or data from the website by means of what is commonly called a "bot" or otherwise;
- Interfere with or disrupt the website, servers, or networks connected to the website;
- Breach or attempt to breach the security of software, networks, servers, data, computers, or other hardware relating to the website (or that of any third party that is hosting or interfacing with any part of the website);
- Create any frames at any other websites pertaining to or using any of the information provided through the website, or promote bonus items, giveaways, random drawings, contests, or prizes on the website; or
- Duplicate, copy, or otherwise exploit the Website or its contents for commercial purposes.
VSAC may modify or discontinue this website, temporarily or permanently, for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice to you.
Login and Passwords.
You agree to only access the website and our computer systems by viewing publicly available web pages or logging in using the method of authentication we provide you. You agree not to obtain customer or business information you are not authorized to obtain. You agree to protect and maintain the confidentiality of any passwords or authorization methods that we give you. You further agree that you are solely responsible for all activity under any account you may create with our website. This responsibility includes any misuse of your password by you or anyone else and any damages caused because of that misuse.
You agree to notify VSAC immediately, in writing, in the event you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or account. We may rely on the provision of your username and password as identifying and authenticating you as the user.
You agree to exit the website by logging off from your account after you have finished your session.
VSAC reserves the right, but not the duty, to monitor your posts. VSAC may delete, revise, or refuse to post material you submit on our blogs or forums. VSAC may terminate your right to use the website as a result of these posts. You agree that VSAC is not bound by any confidentiality requirements for these posts. You grant VSAC a non-exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual license to use, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, adapt, publicly display, publicly perform, or distribute the material you submit on our blogs or forums.
By providing VSAC with your mobile phone number, you consent to receiving text messages from VSAC at that number. If you change or deactivate the mobile phone number you have provided to VSAC, you shall immediately update your account information with VSAC or any other VSAC web application sending text messages to that mobile phone number.
We currently provide our mobile and text messaging services for free. However, your mobile phone carrier’s standard messaging rates, internet access rates, or other fees may apply. You are solely responsible for the payment of those rates or fees.
Termination and Service Disruption.
VSAC may, at its sole discretion, suspend, or terminate your use of the website on any grounds, without notice, and without liability to you or any third party. If your use of the website is terminated, you will still remain liable for any obligations you have incurred in connection with using the website. We have the right to bar you from accessing the website without liability to you or any third party.
You may terminate your relationship with VSAC by notifying VSAC in writing using the information in the “Notice and Contacting VSAC" section below.
We do not warrant that the website will be uninterrupted, not delayed, or free from error. VSAC will not be held responsible for interruptions to the website. VSAC is not liable for failures or delays caused by matters beyond its reasonable control. These matters include government acts or restrictions, acts of terrorism, fires, floods, earthquakes, hurricanes or other natural disasters or acts of God, wars, riots, strikes, network, server or power disturbances or failures, software glitches, internet disturbances, labor disputes or unrest, or intellectual property disputes.
Intellectual Property Rights.
This website contains the intellectual property of VSAC and other third parties and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of its contents, in whole or in part, without the express written prior consent of VSAC, may result in civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under law. The publication or dissemination of any link to the contents of this website, other than a link to www.vsac.org, without the express, written prior consent of VSAC, is prohibited.
VSAC grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, freely revocable license to view, download, or print content available on the website. The content you view, download, or print may be subject to other licenses and you agree to abide by those licenses. VSAC may limit your ability to view, download, or print content at its sole discretion.
VSAC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, royalty-free, temporary license to use, copy, reproduce, publish, publicly display, and publicly perform the VSAC Road Map Widget on your website in the United States. VSAC may revoke this license at any time at its sole discretion with reasonable notice to you or your website.
Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy.
We do not accept unsolicited ideas. Neither VSAC nor any of its employees accepts or considers unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved services or technologies, service enhancements, processes, techniques, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, concepts, other materials, marketing plans, or new service names. Please do not send any unsolicited original creative artwork, suggestions, ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials to VSAC or anyone at VSAC.
If you still send these ideas, they will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary regardless of what the transmission states. In addition, these submissions will automatically become the property of VSAC without compensation to you. VSAC will have no obligations with respect to these submissions.
Links to Third-Party Websites
This website may contain connections or links to other websites owned or operated by third parties that offer their own services or products to you. VSAC does not control these other websites and is not responsible for the products or services offered on these sites, or their availability, content and security. VSAC's inclusion of a connection, hyperlink, or reference to a third-party website on our website does not imply any endorsement of that site or any materials or information provided on it.
Copyright Infringement Notification.
To file a copyright infringement with VSAC, you must send a written communication to us that substantially includes:
- The physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
- Either identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or identification of a representative list of such works if multiple copyrighted works are involved;
- Identification of the location of an original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work, such as a URL;
- Information reasonably sufficient to find the allegedly infringing material on VSAC websites, such as the URL of the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit VSAC to contact you, such as an address, a telephone number, and an electronic mail address if available;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made by you under penalty of perjury that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are either the owner of the copyright or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Please send your written communication to:
- DMCA Complaints
- 10 East Allen Street
- PO Box 2000
Winooski VT 05404
- Fax: Attn: DMCA Complaints 802-654-3765
- Email: DMCA@vsac.org
Please note that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of the service provider relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it under 17 U.S.C. § 512(f).
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless VSAC and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against all claims, liabilities, and expenses arising from:
- Your use of the Website;
- Negligence, actions, or omissions;
- Violation or alleged violation of any law; or
- Violation or alleged violation of the rights of a third party.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. VSAC IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES INCURRED BY YOU. VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES THAT ARISE THROUGH YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING OF THE WEBSITE. VSAC IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES THAT ARISE THROUGH YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THE WEBSITE. THIS LIMITATION INCLUDES LOSS, COST, OR EXPENSE CAUSED BY ANY VIRUSES, BUGS, HUMAN ACTION OR INACTION OR ANY COMPUTER SYSTEM, PHONE LINE, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR PROGRAM MALFUNCTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ERRORS, FAILURES OR DELAYS IN COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS OR NETWORK CONNECTIONS. LOSSES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFIT, GOODWILL, BUSINESS REPUTATION, OR DATA. COSTS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE COST OF PROCURING SUBSTITUTE SERVICES. EXPENSES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, LEGAL FEES, EXPERT FEES, OR OTHER DISBURSEMENTS.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES DUE TO YOUR RELIANCE UPON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, OR ANY TRANSACTION YOU HAVE HAD WITH A WEBSITE ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR. VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES DUE TO ANY CHANGES VSAC MAY HAVE MADE TO THE WEBSITE. VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE IN THE WEBSITE OR FEATURES THEREOF OR THE DELETION OR CORRUPTION OF DATA MAINTAINED IN OR TRANSMITTED BY THE WEBSITE. VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES DUE TO YOUR FAILURE TO GIVE US ACCURATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU, OR ANY ACCOUNT YOU MAY CREATE WITH OUR WEBSITE. VSAC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, COSTS, OR EXPENSES DUE TO YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL AND SECURE.
THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY PROVISIONS APPLY WHETHER OR NOT VSAC KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY THAT THOSE LOSSES COULD ARISE. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF THERE HAS BEEN A FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OR OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
ALTHOUGH VSAC OR OTHER PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS WEBSITE MAY MONITOR OR REVIEW TRANSMISSIONS, POSTINGS, DISCUSSIONS, OR CHATS, VSAC AND ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, DELIVERING, OR OPERATING THIS WEBSITE, ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE FROM ANY CONTENT. THIS LIMITATION INCLUDES CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, LIBEL, SLANDER, OBSCENITY, PORNOGRAPHY, PROFANITY, OR MISREPRESENTATION.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
YOU AGREE THAT ALL ACCESS AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE." VSAC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, FUNCTIONS, PROCESSES OR OTHER CONTENT ON IT. ANY LOAN AMOUNTS, INTEREST, FEES, OR ANY OTHER COSTS CALCULATED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED AS ESTIMATES.
VSAC DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, INTEGRATION, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, OR USEFULNESS, ARISING FROM TRADE USAGE, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR OTHERWISE, OF THIS WEBSITE.
VSAC DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, NOT DELAYED OR SUSPENDED, UNCHANGED OR ERROR FREE OR THAT WE WILL CORRECT ANY DEFECTS THAT ARE FOUND.
BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, COMMON LAW, STATUTORY, REGULATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY FAILURE OF DELIVERY, INCOMPLETE COMMUNICATION, INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
VSAC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE MATERIALS CONTAINED WITHIN THIS WEBSITE ARE APPROPRIATE FOR LOCATIONS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
Choice of Law and Venue.
Notice and Contacting VSAC.
You may contact us by mail at:
- Vermont Student Assistance Corporation
- 10 East Allen Street
- PO Box 2000
- Winooski VT 05404
Competence. You represent that you are of legal age to enter into this legally binding agreement. You represent that you are capable of entering into this legally binding agreement with VSAC.