what services does VSAC offer adults?
VSAC's Outreach Program operates an Educational Opportunity Center program that is devoted to helping adults reach their career and educational goals.
The program offers many ways for you to explore your options:
Can be made with our counselors to discuss career, educational, and financial aid concerns.
- Counselors work in every region of the state.
- Call 800-642-3177 and ask for Outreach to make an appointment.
Are held frequently throughout the state.
- Workshops help adults assess their skills, interests, and personal values.
- Help adults generate career ideas and explore careers and educational opportunities.
- Help adults set goals.
Is an online interactive program that provides:
- Self-assessments for skills, interests, and work values.
- Detailed information about hundreds of careers.
- Information about training or education opportunities related to careers you are interested in pursuing.
Has a library with books, tapes, and computer programs covering careers, colleges, and financial aid.
- All materials may be borrowed directly from the library or by interlibrary loan through your local library.
- The library catalog is online, so you can view the holdings from your computer.
- You can also use computers at the Resource Center to find information on the Web.
Examples of helpful books you can find in the Resource Center library:
- Discover What You're Best At
- Do What You Are: Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type
- The Back Door Guide to Short-Term Job Adventures
- The Princeton Review Guide to Your Career: How to Turn Your Interests into a Career You Love