Application forms are available at college admissions offices. Some schools also accept online applications through their Web pages. Some comprehensive education sites, such as CollegeNet, give you access to many schools' applications.
- Apply to several different schools to keep your options open and to see who offers the best financial aid package.
- Pay attention to deadlines and requests for specific information. Answer all questions accurately; type or write clearly.
- If an essay is required, make sure you write it in a way that highlights your unique personality and strengths.
- If recommendations are required, get them from people who know you well.
- If you're a high school senior, find out if your school has any special procedures for helping with applications. Make sure your transcript is complete before it goes out.