As Vermont’s nonprofit state-based higher education organization, VSAC offers a low-cost fixed-rate loan to help students finance education.
Are you an out-of-state student coming to college in Vermont? A Vermont resident going to college in Vermont or elsewhere? See what the Vermont Advantage can do for you.
DON’T DELAY! Still need a loan for 2014-2015 and early summer 2015?
- VSAC must receive your fully completed loan application with a credit-approved cosigner by May 5, 2015; and
- the Final Approval Disclosure for the loan must be issued (requires completed school certification) by June 12, 2015.
Need a loan for the fall 2015? Sign up now for notification when the 2015-2016 Vermont Advantage loan is available.
With VSAC, you get ...
- financing for undergraduate or graduate education
- a fixed interest rate as low as 5.85% APR for the life of your loan
- your choice of three repayment options
- no origination fee if your cosigner has excellent credit
- no penalty or fee for prepayment
- the option to release your cosigner after 48 months of active repayment, provided the student meets VSAC’s credit criteria
- the ability to request temporary postponement of payments during periods of financial hardship
- death and permanent disability cancellation
- local, Vermont-based servicing